This Way of Being was created to provide Behavior Analysts with thought-provoking ideas, perspectives and actions focused on valuing diversity, equity & inclusion. This course offers the opportunity to learn from Behavior Analysts in both academia and practice. You'll also learn from students, RBTs and even from a teenager who was a recipient of ABA services (and whose parents just happen to be Dr. Jonathan Tarbox & Dr. Rachel Taylor).
10+ video lessons totaling seven (7) Ethics BACB Learning CEUs (7E, 0S), including (in order of appearance):
- “Life is brief, even at its longest. Whatever you are going to do in your life, get at it!” by Julia Fiebig, PhD, BCBA-D (49 min)
- “Just make them fall in-love with you” by Ellie Kazemi, Ph.D., BCBA-D (38 min)
- "Research convergence, sharing knowledge & representing our community" by Adisa Ptah, Graduate Student in MS ABA, CSUN, Helina Mekonnen, B.S, Research Assistant, KLAB, and Eric McCoy, Grad student in MS ABA, CSU (32 min)
- "Keep asking why and you'll find the answers through science" by An An Chang, Graduate Student in MS ABA, CSUN and Matthew Davies, 2020 Graduate of MS ABA, CSUN (24 min)
- “Unapologetically Me” by Antonio Harrison, PhD, BCBA-D (53 min)
- “You have to do the work” - Towards the Development of Antiracist and Multicultural Graduate Training Programs in Behavior Analysis by Adel Najdowski, PhD, BCBA-D (36 min)
- "Academia has been my dream...and I caught it" by Marlesha C. Bell, PhD, BCBA (19 min)
- “I love Behavior Analysis..does it love me back?” - an honest conversation about being an “other” in academia by Marlesha C. Bell, PhD, BCBA, Caio F. Miguel, Ph.D., BCBA-D, and Megan R. Heinicke, Ph.D., BCBA-D (16 min)
- "Was I part of some elaborate experiment?" - Reflections about receiving ABA services and the impact of having 2 BCBAs as parents by Johnny Tarbox (22 min)
PLEASE NOTE: This series contains the discussion of sensitive material such as suicide addiction, and mental illness that may be triggering to some viewers. Viewer discretion is advised.
This is a lifetime access purchase, meaning it will never expire once you have purchased the course.
A total of seven (5.5) BACB® Learning CEUs Available (5.5E 0S).
The purpose of this course is two-fold:
- to elevate new voices in Behavior Analysis by providing a platform for them to share their stories and
- to provide actions and tools that Behavior Analysts can use to ensure that we are promoting an ethical culture that promotes the engagement of behaviors associated with integrity as it relates to our relationships both within and outside of our field.
RYANO, LLC is an Approved Continuing Education (ACE) (# OP-19-3037) provider and The Behavior Analyst Certification Board (“BACB”) does not sponsor, approve or endorse RYANO, LLC, the materials, information or sessions identified herein.