How does publishing REALLY work in Behavior Analysis? Is it possible for practitioners to conduct applied research on a regular basis? What are the current areas of innovation within academia?
In This Way of Doing we tackle all of these questions. We chatted with Jonathan Tarbox, editor-in-chief of Behavior Analysis in Practice, to find out how publishing really works and to learn how he was able to get out the COVID-19 edition of BAP in record time. We sat down with Dr. Tara Fahmie, Dr. Caio Miguel, Dr. Marlesha Bell & Dr. Meg Heinicke to talk about why they have focused on their specific areas of research and future directions for Behavior Analysis. Learn from Dr. Amber Valentino and Courtney Tarbox about how to embed research into your practice (spoiler alert: it's not impossible and it's not that hard) and why applied research is critical to our field. You'll also have the chance to watch the media debut of our youngest participants - Cleo & Margo Tarbox (daughters of Jonathan and Courtney) and Porter Girman (son of Amber). We can't wait for you to join us for This Way of Doing!
10 video lessons totaling four and a half (4.5) BACB Learning CEUs (0E, 0S), including (in order of appearance):
- “You don’t need to be a PhD to publish...you just need to SEND YOUR MANUSCRIPT IN!” by Jonathan Tarbox, PhD, BCBA-D (1 hour 16min)
- Navigating family, work and research as a Behavior Analytic couple by Jonathan Tarbox, PhD, BCBA-D, Courtney Tarbox, MS, BCBA (22 min)
- “It’s all strung together…”: How a Masters Level BCBA published her first research article during COVID-19 using ACT strategies that have helped her own family cope by Courtney Tarbox, MS, BCBA (special guests Margo & Cleo) (29 min)
- “Behavior Analyst-Mother-Researcher-Leader: The multi-hyphenate mom”: Lessons about prioritizing work, parenting and applied research by Amber Valentino, PsyD, BCBA-D (special guest Porter) (53 min)
- “A Behavior Analyst Unicorn”: How studying under Iwata & Handley has influenced Dr. Fahmie’s work and research and why we should prioritize behavior prevention programs by Tara A. Fahmie, PhD, BCBA-D (28 min)
- “The Legacy of Jack Michael, in defense of Motivating Operations and how a city guy discovered nature during COVID-19”: Catching up with one of the most prolific researchers in Behavior Analysis by Caio F. Miguel, Ph.D., BCBA-D (39 min)
- “Using Behavior Analysis to treat the silent epidemic of Brain Injury”: What our field has contributed and where we need to go by Megan R. Heinicke, Ph.D., BCBA-D (21.5 min)
- "3 Academic Perspectives on the Future of Behavior Analysis" by Marlesha C. Bell, PhD, BCBA, Caio F. Miguel, Ph.D., BCBA-D, Megan R. Heinicke, Ph.D., BCBA-D (29.5 min)
This is a lifetime access purchase, meaning it will never expire once you have purchased the course.
A total of four and a half (4.5) BACB® Learning CEUs Available (0E 0S).
RYANO, LLC is an Approved Continuing Education (ACE) (# OP-19-3037) provider and The Behavior Analyst Certification Board (“BACB”) does not sponsor, approve or endorse RYANO, LLC, the materials, information or sessions identified herein.